Website Shiftu Technology Pvt Ltd
We’re a startup specializing in applying Natural Language Processing and AI to solve problems across a number of exciting industries. We’re uncovering the information hidden in vast amounts of unstructured “dark data” and using that information to help companies make smarter decisions and to deliver better products. As a team we value diversity, creativity, new ideas, and a willingness to learn.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer with a passion and history for building performant and beautiful web applications to help lead development of our flagship cloud-based web app.
Here are a few things that we need you to be good at:
- React (3+ years minimum)
- Modern CSS, pre-processors, polyfills, etc
- Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Code organization, performance, and security best practices
- GIT, Git-flow, Github/Bitbucket
- JIRA, Confluence
And these will score you some bonus points if you have some knowledge and experience of them:
- VueJS, Angular and other JS Frameworks
- Backend experience Python, Django, Node.js, Elixir, Ruby/Rails, and other languages/web app frameworks
- RESTful APIs
- MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Micro-service architecture, design, and communication
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, etc) or Google Cloud / Microsoft Azure equivalents)
- Familiarity with Docker (Containerization)
- Object Oriented CSS/Bootstrap/SMACSS
- Some experience with Machine/Deep Learning, AI, etc.
- Agile development experience
- Any UX test automation frameworks such as Selenium
In addition, we’ll likely get along really well if you:
- Constantly reflect on code reuse, readability, shareability, and modularization (humor is not the only thing you like DRY)
- Appreciate and think deeply about UX and UI design
- Feel mildly ashamed when QA finds a hole you didn’t think of (i.e. you test your own features before considering them “done”)
- Are a developer at heart, but a pragmatist in practice
- Care little about the buzz in AI and web app development and are more driven by finding new solutions to challenging problems
What you’ll be doing
We are using natural language processing, machine learning, and AI to solve some of the most interesting and challenging problems facing the enterprise world today. As a Senior Front-End Developer, you’ll be working directly alongside our Director of Engineering, Director of AI, CTO, and CEO to envision, architect, and deliver the future of our product. You’ll have the chance to integrate state-of-the-art machine learning/AI into tools meant for high volume everyday use. Our engineering team is only a handful of people, but it is the heart of everything we do, so you’d be coming in near the ground floor with a chance to contribute to our flagship products.
Still here? Good.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we want to chat. Please include links to whatever credentials or sample work you prefer to share (e.g. résumé, portfolio, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc).